Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting Started

The first post of my new blog: where do I start? I feel like I have a million things to say and don't know what to say first. It probably at least makes sense to explain what I intend to blog about. This blog is essentially my online journal of my emotions, experiences, etc. while recovering from my wife's infidelity and trying to restore our marriage to happyness. I decided to blog this for a few reasons. First, there's definitely a feeling of catharsis just to write all this stuff down. I've never been on such an emotional roller coaster in my life. I've realised I'm not really good at dealing with such strong emotions, and I've had lots of them lately. This I hope will be a good outlet for some of those emotions. Next, since this is such a major life experience for me, I think that one day I'll appreciate some record of just what went on. Hopefully, I'll look back at this and laugh rather than cry; but only time will tell. And finally, I hope that maybe it will be of some comfort or assitance to others. I know that it has helped me to read about other peoples experiences in similar situaitons. It feels good to know that someone else has been through the same type of problems; and even better to hear that they got through it. I hope my story will have a happy ending, and if so, maybe it will be of inspiration to someone one day.

Note that my intention is to keep this blog fairly anonymous. Names have been changed to protect those involved, and I plan to be fairly vague about inconsequential details. This is like my diary. People usually don't let others read their diary, but I figured hey, if it's a bunch of people I don't know and will never meet; then who cares. So here's a window to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment